Welcome the Timebank for Timebanks
This Timebankof.Timebanks.Org is for both new and experienced Time Bank Coordinators. You are encouraged to share wisdom, expertise, best practices and advice with one another for Time Credits. Perhaps you know how to use Community Weaver, and can walk someone else through a feature. Maybe you have many years of timebanking experience and can mentor someone who is starting up a new timebank. Perhaps you are a whiz with words can help to edit and layout a timebank newsletter or can help another Coordinator craft that perfect event flyer. Whatever your skills, you are invited to use them for the benefit of the larger timebanking movement.
1. Coordinators of any timebank are encouraged to become a member of this Timebankof.Timebanks.Org.
2. Services exchanged between timebank coordinators and another timebank coordinator (not a coordinator of his or her own timebank) can be recorded in the Timebankof.Timebanks.org.
3. One hour of service = one hour recorded. If a service has a hard-to-define time value (like a grant proposal), the two exchangers should negotiate a time-based value for the service. For example, the time spent on the service.
This has three main goals:
- Strengthen the fabric of our timebanking community.
- Encourage supporters of the tiembanking idea so share services with eath other.
- Support the establishment of new timebanks to meet real needs of our community members.
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the cycle of .
IMPORTANT NOTE - Using this Timebank
- Please note that this Timebankof.Timebanks.Org is for individual coordinators and supporters of Timebanks who are making exchanges with other coordinators and supporters. It is also the place for exchanges with individuals that benefit the entire Timebanking Network.
- If the exchange is between an individual and one Timebank, please make those exchanges in that Timebank.
- If the exchange is between 2 separate Timebanks, please make those exchanges in the Inter TimeBank Exchange at itbe.timebanks.org